Do you need to post an opening with your company? We offer online position posting. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For AAHAM members, other job opportunities are available through the national AAHAM site.
Patient Financial Services Director
About the job
- Patient Financial Services Director
- Revenue Cycle Leadership
- Full Time Status
- Under the direction and guidance of the Vice President of Revenue Cycle, the Director of Patient Financial Services (PFS) is responsible for the daily operations and strategy of the organization’s business office functions, including ensuring the timely and accurate completion of billing, collections, cash posting and more. This role develops and implements policies and procedures that support Mosaic’s mission, vision, and values, while promoting a positive patient financial experience. The PFS Director leads the team to ensure all functions are completed in a timely and compliant manner and monitors departmental performance to make sure productivity and quality standards are consistently being met. The Director will perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s standards and applicable laws; supervising a staff of 70- 100 caregivers. Responsibilities include selecting, training and retaining caregivers; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance, rewarding, coaching, and counseling caregivers.
- This position is employed by Mosaic Health System.
- Oversee/coordinate the installation and maintenance of new and existing software tools, which includes an automated professional revenue cycle reporting and analytics and benchmarking tool, responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of revenue cycle databases.
- Assist VP in implementing the vision of a high performing revenue cycle with the implementation of best practice process through focused measurement and action planning.
- Directs the Revenue Cycle Integrations & Revenue Realization department, to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of revenue cycle reports and analytics designed to drive financial performance operationally and strategically.
- Creates data pulls and analytics for regulatory compliance audits and payor audits and utilizes empirical data to identify areas of improvement in the revenue cycle. Responsible for the development and delivery of analytics suite to comprehensively describe the health of the enterprise revenue cycle, including front-end analyses, clinical documentation and coding metrics, A/R performance reporting, as well as assisting in the enhancement of the hospital and professional reserve model.
- Prepares presentations and analysis of metrics for Finance Committee, C-Suite Meetings, Administrative Director meetings, and other venues as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Finance, Healthcare or related field. Master’s degree helpful.
- At least 7 years of healthcare financial operations and/or financial reporting experience preferred where at least 5 of the 7 years occurred in or support of healthcare business operations OR 5 years of revenue cycle reporting experience. Prior PFS, PAS, and HIM exposure preferred. Prior experience with systems integrations and conversations necessary. Cerner Millennium experience helpful. At least 5 years in a managerial role is required OR 3 years of proven leadership roles and responsibilities within a Cerner environment with proven successes in leading teams and implementing key initiatives.
Health, Wellness & Fitness Hospital & Health Care
Health Care Provider
Posted on: 4-15-21
Director of Revenue Cycle
Director of Revenue Cycle is responsible for the overall operations of the Revenue Cycle department of Patient Financial Services. Reviews, designs and implements processes surrounding admissions, pricing, billing and third party payor relationships, compliance, and other financial analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred. Revenue Cycle certifications preferred or will be required within 2 years of employment. Minimum 5 years of revenue cycle experience. Experience with Critical Access Hospitals is preferred. Knowledge of legal and ethical compliance in charging and billing. Requires excellent analytical skills. Excellent communication skills.
Location: Gibson City, Illinois
Position Title: Director of Revenue Cycle
Company Name: Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services
Job Function: Patient Financial Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Min. Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min. Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: 0-10%
To apply: Send resume and inquiry to CEO Rob Schmitt at: email@example.com
Posted on: 2-26-21
Vice President of Revenue Cycle
Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) is a health care delivery system comprised of 15 hospitals and an
integrated physician network across Illinois and Wisconsin. With nearly 2,300 physician partners, and
more than 15,000 colleagues, HSHS is committed to its mission “to reveal and embody Christ’s healing
love for all people through our high-quality Franciscan health care ministry.”
The Vice President of Revenue Cycle leads the system-wide coordination and optimization of the
revenue cycle. The Vice President champions revenue cycle operations improvement at all levels
throughout the organization. Through development and implementation of a world class revenue cycle
program across all HSHS facilities, this leader will create a standardized approach and service level for
HSHS is committed to a consistent customer experience from preregistration through the billing process
across all its facilities. The Vice President will assume strategic and operational accountability for all
scheduling, registration, admitting, billing and collection activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years of Healthcare Financial Management Experience.
For more information, please reach out to Abby Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on: 2-26-21