Why Join AAHAM?
There are a number of organizations that focus on the financial side of the healthcare industry. But there is only one national organization dedicated solely to the revenue cycle of both management and the front-line staff: AAHAM.
Reach out to experts for real time answers
As a member of AAHAM, you have the ability to reach out to your local AAHAM Chapter as well as over 30 more across the U.S. to speak to revenue cycle experts about the challenges you face every day.
No other healthcare financial organization gives you the career-boosting power to network with the best-informed revenue cycle professionals and pick their brain about the most important issues in the field.
Build your knowledge base
AAHAM’s primary focus is the professional development of its members. In addition to networking opportunities through the local chapters, we offer certification, education and training for staff and managers, publications, conferences and webinars all specifically focused on issues, regulations and guidelines affecting patient accounting matters.
Advanced certification to advance your career
Certification programs in healthcare finance offered by other organizations are non-proctored open-book exams that can be easily passed by industry novices.
AAHAM’s elite certification program is based on rigorous examinations that have set the standard in the industry for over 40 years. Earning an AAHAM certification demonstrates a high level of achievement and distinguishes you as a leader and role model in the revenue cycle industry. Time and time again, AAHAM certification has enabled our members to earn significant professional recognition and career advancement with higher pay and benefits.
Learn more about AAHAM Certification.
Exclusive access to events
Members receive an exclusive invitation and pricing to the AAHAM’s Annual National Institute (ANI), a three-day event featuring a comprehensive slate of educational seminars with expert speakers, a large exhibit area with specialized vendors, and peer networking opportunities.
In addition, members have the opportunity to represent their facility, their state and their industry at the one political event that directly impacts their career and bottom line: AAHAM Legislative Day in Washington, D.C.
Who joins AAHAM?
Staff involved in the revenue cycle of any type of healthcare provider that gets reimbursed by patients, insurance companies or the government will benefit from AAHAM membership. These include:
- Physician’s offices
- Urgent care facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Nursing homes
- Other providers
Staff of companies that provide outsourced services related to the revenue cycle to any type of provider will also benefit from AAHAM membership. These include:
- Consulting companies
- Billing companies
- Collection agencies
- Software/IT companies
- Law firms
- Other outsource vendors
Illinois AAHAM Membership
The fee to become a member in the Illinois AAHAM Chapter is $229.
Students can join for free. You must submit proof with the application. Student members receive the benefits of membership with the exception of voting, eligibility for professional or executive levels of certification, eligibility for the member scholarships, and cannot be a proxy for a chapter president at any national board meetings.
The national fee for retired members is $50. To qualify for retired membership, an individual must be an AAHAM member who has retired from healthcare. Retired members receive all benefits of membership with the exception of voting. To see if you qualify as a retired member, please contact that National Office.
Join AAHAM For Valuable Educational and Career Support. Increase your professionalism, improve your skills and enhance your knowledge
- Eligibility for Certification Designations. Executive Certification (CRCE) demonstrates your knowledge and proficiency to your employers and your peers
- The Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) and Certified Compliance Technician (CCT) examinations to test the proficiency of individuals involved in the collection of patient accounts and to prepare them for the many changes to come.
- Exclusive invitation and pricing to the AAHAM’s Annual National Institute (ANI) known for excellence in education, value, and networking.
- Invitation to an active scholarship and awards program
Enhance Your Career
Network with your peers via the:
- Join your local AAHAM Chapter. There are 32 local AAHAM chapters across the nation to choose from. Joining an AAHAM Local Chapter helps you to gain an edge by being kept up-to-date on the most recent developments in your local area and providing you with a great chance to network with others in your area who are facing many of the same problems and obstacles that you face.
- Membership Directory. Available on-line at www.aaham.org helps you keep in touch with other members and vendors both locally and nationwide.
- Job Bank to assist you in searching and posting that special job.
- Unlimited networking and information exchange through our web site and chapter interaction.
- Web site access to state and metro area hospital associations nationwide
- AAHAM Member’s Only List Serve
Keep on top of the latest regulations and guidelines affecting patient accounting matters through AAHAM’s publications:
- Subscription to Legislative Currents. Distributed via email eight times a year, to keep you up to date on legislative and governmental issues affecting our industry.
- Subscription to The Journal of Healthcare Administrative Management. Rated as the #1 membership benefit, the Journal is issued quarterly.
- AAHAM’s National News – AAHAM’s monthly electronic Newsletter with timely updates and information about your association.