Why Join AAHAM?
AAHAM is the only national organization dedicated to the revenue cycle of both management and the front line staff.
Membership in AAHAM helps you work smarter, advance your career, and offers you access to a wealth of revenue cycle information. The association recognizes that professional development is one of the key reasons that many individuals become members. To this end, one of AAHAM’s primary focuses is the professional development of its members.
We provide education and training for staff and managers, as well as offer a nationally recognized certification program in the form of publications, conferences and seminars, bench marking, professional certification and numerous networking opportunities for increasing the skills and knowledge that are necessary to function effectively in today’s health care environment. AAHAM has 32 active chapters across the US and abroad, all offering superior education and networking on a local level.
Join AAHAM For Valuable Educational and Career Support. Increase your professionalism, improve your skills and enhance your knowledge with:
- Eligibility for Certification Designations. Executive and Professional Certification demonstrates your knowledge and proficiency to your employers and your peers.
- The Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist and Certified Revenue Integrity Professional examinations to test the proficiency of individuals involved in the collection of patient accounts and to prepare them for the many changes to come.
- Exclusive invitation and pricing to the AAHAM’s Annual National Institute (ANI) known for excellence in education, value, and networking.
- Invitation to an active scholarship and awards program.
Enhance Your Career – network with your peers via the:
- Join your local AAHAM Chapter. Joining the Illinois Chapter of AAHAM helps you to gain an edge by being kept up-to-date on the most recent developments in your local area and providing you with a great chance to network with others in your area who are facing many of the same problems and obstacles that you face.
- Membership Directory. Available on-line at www.aaham.org helps you keep in touch with other members and vendors both locally and nationwide.
- Job Bank to assist you in searching and posting that special job.
- Unlimited networking and information exchange through our web site and chapter interaction.
- Web site access to state and metro area hospital associations nationwide
- AAHAM Member’s Only List Serve
Stay Informed – keep on top of the latest regulations and guidelines affecting patient accounting matters through AAHAM’s publications:
- Subscription to Legislative Currents. Distributed via email eight times a year, to keep you up to date on legislative and governmental issues affecting our industry.
- Subscription to The Journal of Healthcare Administrative Management. Rated as the #1 membership benefit, the Journal is issued quarterly.
- AAHAM’s National News – AAHAM’s monthly electronic Newsletter with timely updates and information about your association.